Back to the Origins
As La Salle Academy prepared to enter the 21st century the grounds and structure of the school underwent their biggest physical change since the opening of the new building in 1925. In 1989, the De La Salle Christian Brothers were given governance of La Salle by the Diocese of Providence. In 2000, the McLaughlin Athletic Center and the Brother Michael Mc Kenery Arts Center were opened to further expand the horizons of La Salle students both physically and artistically. In 2004, the Shea Science and Student Center was opened so that the Academy could remain on the cutting edge of science education. In the fall of 2011, the Cronin Fields and Cimini Stadium were completely renovated and a competition track and synthetic field were installed. The new century dawned with La Salle Academy continuing its tradition of excellence, committed to the Gospel values of Jesus Christ and its patron saint, St. John Baptist de La Salle.
Proud of its tradition and heritage, constantly aware of its origin in, and continued dedication to, educating the children of the working class and the poor, and imbued with incredibly strong values, La Salle Academy students and faculty continue to add to the legacy begun in 1871.