While the overall counseling mission at La Salle Academy remains constant, the junior year is different from prior years because students are preparing for their future. During this time, students will mature and grow in many ways.
Junior year is devoted to:
- Transitioning from school counseling to our robust college counseling program
- Taking college preparatory, upper-level Advanced Placement (AP) and honors classes
- Reviewing high school transcripts to ensure students are on the right path to fulfill graduation requirements and meet future college goals
- Striving for academic success in preparation for college and beyond
- Deciding which standardized test is best suited for them (SAT or ACT)
- Developing strategies for being successful on standardized testing
- Exploring ways to showcase strengths and individual talents
- Taking on leadership roles in school clubs and athletics (and how to balance that responsibility)
- Introducing career and college exploration
Junior year is a time of excitement, future planning and dedication. We encourage our students to work to their fullest potential, while experiencing all the wonders of their time at the Academy.